Saturday, March 1, 2008

Week Seven

I know I’ve said this more than one time, but I really am enjoying this class. I don’t feel like the required readings are chores - I take that back; those two chapters about governmental and pharmaceutical advertising dragged on and were a battle for me - and like I have mentioned before, a lot of this stuff can be applied in everyday life.

For this entry, I just wanted to talk about choosing your ethical strategy. In the little red book, I remember it mentioning that it was chosen on a case-by-case basis. But then I started to think your motives for choosing one of the ethical ways could be unethical.

The reason I hate subjective matters has the same grounds for why I love them; there is more than one explanation and more than one way to make things work. I don’t think I could ever be a philosopher; there is no question in my mind that I would go clinically nuts. How are you supposed to give one reason to something so complex and justify something no one will ever agree on? There is always more than one way to go about a situation and there is always an exception to the rule.

However, having more than one way of dealing with situations and ways of thinking allows room for adjustment and compromise. It’s why I enjoy all of the readings and all of the discussions we’ve had thus far; it permits creativity.

No comments: