Thursday, February 7, 2008

Week Three

I have to say so far that this class is the most interesting journalism course I have taken in my college career. I think I feel like this because it has a lot to do with opinions and discussion and right and wrong rather than papers and deadlines and cut-and-dry rules. The class number helps all of us get to know one another pretty well, too. I really love hearing other people's opinions and broadening my own horizons. I look forward to coming to this class, because I know we're all going to learn something about one another and maybe even ourselves.

Another reason I am enjoying this class so much is because of Cosmopolitanism. I am all about trying to figure the world out, and I've never been required to read a philosophy book in college. It really does intrigue me.

I think this class is making me realize some of the things I want to incorporate in my everyday work life, and that gives me a little peace. Sometimes it's frustrating not having a vision of your future (whether that vision really becomes a reality or not), but it's always calming to find something in life that excites you, and I have this class to thank for that.

No comments: